Followers

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Happy Bastille Day!

Maybe it's the francophile in me or that it's the eve of my birthday I have to say that Bastille Day is now my new favorite holiday. Being the French equivalent to Independence Day. It was a nice Saturday evening to celebrate the French holiday listening to jazz at Brasserie Julian in the Upper East Side. It kind of let my guard down about the Upper East. There was so much celebration with France celebrating their 223 years of independence and two couples celebrating their 58th and 5th anniversary. I had my Julian's burger et pomme frites with my Rosé. 
Enjoying my Rosé


What made the evening special was Quebec chanteuse Myriam Phiro and as I would call her the  "modern Edith Piaf" singing her classic and my French anthem "La Vie En Rose"..


Her voice and the ambiance transports me to Paris' Golden era-- relaxing, wandering the streets, and enjoying the simplicity to life. It's nice to find a French brasserie in the city that plays French music and shows authenticity to the culture. I've found out from two guests that the brasseries in Paris play American culture.




This is how I vision it with its simplicity, carefree appeal, and that "joie de vivre".

No comments: